Tuesday 27 May 2014

PPP end of module evaluation

End of Module Self Evaluation

NAME
Rebecca williamson



1.     What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have developed my line work in this brief by using a multiply of pen thicknesses to create a stronger since of depth and to show different areas/shades of shadow areas.
I have also developed my Photoshop skills, I have learned how to apply bursts of subtle colours to particularly parts of my drawings to give the impression of clothing colour but not overwhelm of give complete the illustration, instead I wanted the viewer to be able to do this for themselves with the hint of colour I gave them to work with.



2. What approaches to/methods of image making have you developed and how have they informed your concept development process?
In my development work I tired to save myself time by drawing the intial sketch of the image I was working on, scanning it in to the computer, and reprinting it several times to develop on top with different medias, this saved me redrawing the basic structure and allowed me to spend more time improving, reapliying, and developing meidas until I found a techniquw I thought worked the best.
I experimented with using the detailed oencil drawing technique I have used in the past but combining it with other medias such as paint, 3d materials, collage. However in this module I have also pushed myself to develop my drawing technique as well and changing the media I mix it with. Becayse I wanted the jewellery and objects of the different cultured woman to be a main focus I needed to simplify the drawing technique so I experimented with applying less tones and shading unitll I developed a technique that just used shape to represent shadow areas.



3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think my time management on this project (illustrated self) has been good as I have had the finals completed before crits which has allowed me to discuss and take advise on how I could improve them ready for hand in.
I am also pleased that I have been able to push myself into a techniquw that I have never used before, this has made me more confindent to come out of my comfort zone.





4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
My main weakness on this project was spending to long decided in a theme, beucase we had a lot more freedom to choose our own subject I worried that I would pick one that I would loose interest in and therefore would not create effective work.- this lost me vitial time to research my chosen theme and develop ideas.
I think maybe I could of improved of showing the concept in my work, I feel that by just drawing portraits, the idea of a variety beauty is not very obvious





5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

PPP- Reflective blog- make sure I post things that are not necessariely illustrations but more about me and what inspires or interests me.
Evaluate post each time I unploads them to save me having to revisit!
When giving freedom, give myself a time limit on deciding on a idea so it doesn’t eat in to the time I can spend researching futher and developing it practically.
Make sure I understand each study task, to save me wasting time in having to redo it.
Remember to post activities we have done in studio sessions.



6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



x

Motivation


x


Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced



x

Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group



x

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment