Monday 26 May 2014

reflection on ppp blog post and progress

from looking back to the beginning of my ppp blog, i can clearly see how my illustration tastes have changed. when i started this course i was massively unaware of the types of illustration out there and how to find the variety. i really struggled to answer the tasks set for us to show examples of different types of illustrations. looking at the examples i have shown, i realised the once i chose, really didn't reflect my tastes or tone of voice. i think this was because i answered the tasks without thinking about or trying to inform myself and others of potential techniques or medias i could experiment with, this, in hand, did not allow me to progress, or inform myself conceptually  or theoretically with illustration out there as the work i found did not maintain or reflect my interests.
since starting to post illustrations that interest me in my own time, i have found this so much more beneficial to to look back on, it was allows me to inform my own illustration with certain style i have come across but has also allowed me to see my the many types of styles i like and how these may of changed. i think with the set tasks, beucase of the amount of illustrations/illustrators we had to find to a deadline, i was just finding any old illustrations that perhaps did not excite me but answered the brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment