Wednesday 7 May 2014

COP evaluation

OUIL401 Context of Practice
Credits
20
End of Module Self Evaluation

NAME

Rebecca Williamson


1.  What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I feel I have definitely improved my essay writing skills with help from study support, I have learned how to divide my essay into manageable chunks, and how to expand my points and ideas as much as possible.
This module has pushed me to deconstruct research so I am able to produce illustrations, which have a strong Relationship between my theoretical essay and my practical work.
I have learnt to develop my own opinions on my subject matter and have tried to convey this in my practice work and final resolutions.



2. What approaches to/methods of image making have you developed and how have they informed your concept development process?
Dialogue – I initially played around with creating small dialogue scenes in a attempt to convey information I had found out about the women, I thought this would give the viewer a indication of a part of their life.
Text and image- using quotes and portraiture- I thought the combination of the appearance of the woman and some inspiration words they have spoken would create a stronger concept and make the women’s personality/inspiration and empowerment more obvious to the viewers. 
Collage and pencil-creating detailed portraits in combination with a simpler collage style would create a stronger focal point and de-clutter the image from information which is not important-i.e. clothing
Photoshop- I used Photoshop to digitally enhance the quality of my images and add elements that would not look as effective if done by hand-eg the subtle glow behind the women’s heads to give the illusion of a halo.




3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I feel I balanced my time wisely when constructing the essay as I knew I would struggle with it, so I started early which allowed me more time to revisit and alter, and also gave me time to ask for advise of how to improve. This has benefitted me in the mong run as I have been able to concentrate on the practical brief of the module instead of worrying about the essay at the same time.
I feel I have also been able to annotate my out my strength and weaknesses in this project, especially with sketch Ideas, which has meant I have been able to visualise what I felt has not work, allowing me to move on and develop ones that have.




4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I feel a weakness I have shown in this module, and one that I have come across in other modules, is not having confidence in ideas. Because of this I have pushed to hard in creating new ones that are too literal as I felt my initial ideas were too basic and do not have a strong enough concept.
I also feel because of this I have not spent enough time developing with media and technique as I have spend to much time on quick sketch ideas when I could have used that time in developing a current idea further with the use of media.
Another weakness in this project was that I spend to much time decided on a pathway to take my research after creating the map of understanding, I feel I get overwhelmed with the amount of options on offer for me to explore that I get scared I choose the wrong pathway to go down.



5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
When choosing research idea, make sure I don’t keep changing my mind as this will loose me valuable time I could of used improving and finding out more about my existing idea.

Be careful not to spend to much time producing ideas and keep in mind that media/technique development is also very important and will also improve and develop current ideas further.

Make sure to blog each post as I go along to avoid missing valuable work or conversations about my project that I could reflect on later down the line.
6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



x

Motivation


x


Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group



x

No comments:

Post a Comment