Saturday 16 April 2016

submitting agent request to Inky Illustration agency

after my presentation, Fred, John and Patrick all agreed my desire to have a agent was the right way to go for me as i struggle with communicating with clients and the admin side scares, stresses and puts me off a lot!

email:
Hello everyone at Inky Agency!
My names Rebecca Williamson, I’m a young illustrator currently living in Leeds.
My practice is heavily influenced by capturing and interpreting the candid side of society, changing the unnoticed, mundane moments into extraordinary stills - the excitement I get when catching that moment you miss your mouth when drinking a brew is slightly odd.
Having a strong moral compass, I jump at the chance to get stuck into a brief which allows me to raise awareness or question social issues, using detail as a way to express empathy and create personal and relatable connections between my illustrations and the viewer - this is reflected in my campaign poster design for Amnesty International and in my illustrated Organ Donation campaign Case study of Adam – heart transplant recipient.

You house a lot of very talented illustrator and I can see synergy with some of those you represent, I think I could offer something different to you team!

Thanks for taking the time to look through my submission! enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Rebecca

i decided on these images to send. i was only allowed three which was a challenge!
however with what i stated in the email i felt the builder illustrations shows the captured candid reality, the amnesty international poster shows my desire to work to bring awareness to social issues and the chest image to show my technical process - and another piece of work based on a social issue. 



No comments:

Post a Comment