Friday 8 April 2016

sending letter and Promotional pack to John (ex illustration tutor) and Jilly (ex teacher)

before i came to uni, or even had my interview at leeds collage of art, i visited John and Jilly Hodkinson. 
Jilly was a teacher at my primary school and my mum remembered that her husband was an artist and art tutor so i decided to get in touch with them (baring in mind i couldn't even remember Jilly (mrs Hodkinson) very well, i thought it would be a good opportunity to get advice on illustration and my portfolio for my interview as John was a tutor of illustration at preston university. 

i really appreciated the advice john gave me on the layout of my portfolio and what information/questions i would be expected to give or know at my interview. 
john himself went to leeds collage of art when he was young so this was reassuring.

i remember before i left, the couple said i would have to keep in touch and let them know how i got on, i haven't yet spoke to them since so i thought now would be a good chance to get in touch and let them know how i am coming on and ask advice on how he has managed to be successful as a freelance artist - especially as he lives in a rural area like me.  

i included this letter below and my small buisness promo pack which showed a sample of my works and some information from my creative cv- along with my social media presence links. 




No comments:

Post a Comment