Sunday 17 May 2015

Presentation notes

Still trying to develop my tone of voice
Recognizable style or brand identity

Therefore this year I want to figure out
How and where I would exists in creative industry
What area of illustration my practice fits into

My worries for the year
Keep the momentum up after the summer break

Confidence or ability to do it all over again especially with the expectation of work to be of higher standard

 

 Aspirations to experiment further with etching or drypoint.
Assumed process would be ideal
Detailed
 Rustic
Handmade quality

Ironically required to produce a set of prints for our 504 module

Unfortunately lost desire
Unpredictable
Unruly
 Frustrating for me as I like my work to be precise and accurate!

In addition to this animation

Overall
Challenging and exhausting module learning 2 skills at ones

Constant battle of not being happy with the quality of my work

Eventually accepted unrealistic to expect outcomes at the same standard as professional printmakers and animators I have been influenced by

Influenced me to change my attitude towards rest of my work not to compare myself to others.
If our work was all the same, the world would be a very boring place

This being said reassured choosing single disciplined course
would not suit my illustration practice
 


Hard to adapt to longer modules

Balance my time accordingly

anxious about what I should be prioritizing

Worried that I would be doing enough for each

Spent the majority of the first term on 504 as this was first to submit
did not work in my favour when other modules came creeping up

learning curve independent study

 

term 2
off the page exhition
first experience of selling work in an established environment in a professional manner

had to concider
presentation and packaging
summarization
pricing

interesting to see that I sold prints I wasn’t expecting to – ones I almost didn’t want to exhibit,
Shows that I am perhaps too critical of my work, and that my opinions on a successful piece are the same as others.

Potential taste of further
Made me think outside education bubble

This term momentum picked up
Encouraged me to pull myself together
More time doing less time worrying.

Spent majority of term on responsive

Module influenced my consideration of audience
And applying my work into a plausible context
Vital to a successful piece of work, especially commercial.

this module also encouraged me to work on the Presentation of my work for competition summissions with presentation boards
making sure it was clear, organized and recognizable as a set  

 


I also focused on the practical side of cop this term.

As my essay disscussed the preconceptions of homeless people

Took part in external project at st Georges crypt to gain primary research

Visited crypt weekly
Improved understand
More passionate about topic Inevitably made me enjoy producing outcomes

Experience has made me more clear about my area of interest
Creating work relating to social issues as I can connect to it on a personal level and I feel this best suits my delicate way of working.

I have always found cop a daunting module lack of confidence in writing

Addressed this early one on one tutorials
Module become less overwhelming as it was tackled
Week by week.

Reassurance my work was on the right track
 



505 –
Helped me rationalize my workload to what’s realistic.

Downsizing my expectations and brief gave me a specific
and focused directions.

Giving me more time to develop outcomes to professional finish

new illustrative technique informed by contextual reference
instead of creating replicas of photographs I began to illustrate the sense in a abstact way


this year especially
Appreciated position I am in being surrounded my other creatives at LCA.

responsive and pp lectures have made me acknowledge the benefits of collaboration with other disaplins to improve or advise me with my own practice.

I collaborated with photographer William kneeshaw to take photographs for me to draw from for 505.

Asked for advice from graphic designer Liam Bailey about my font and layout choice.

Consulting with them has given me reassurance and confidence in my work as they specialize in wach of the creative fields so I trust in there opinions.

 



term 3
Applying illustrations to different formats,
encouraging knowing that existing illustrating can be reformatted and appearing new without having to start from scratch.

Visiting tetly book fair
Reignited my love of creating illustrative books 
Influenced my idea to produce a book for my 505 submissions.

Creative presence addressed my interest into how I can get myself out there.
Quite reserved person but weekly sessions with john gave me confidence in my work and made me realize my practice will not be considered or recognized without self-promotion.

What I will take from this year

I aim to continue to blog little and often as this makes it easier to reflect on my progress at the end of each module.

Think realistically about workload and what I can achieve in the time given

Continue using learning support to help me structure my time accordingly.

Take advantage of other creative at LCA

What I want to do next:

 Continue to develop work to a professional standard, considering its production, range and distribution.

contact professionals I am influenced by for advice and experience about the creative industry I will soon be venturing into.


Continue to develop my illustration aesthetic in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment