Sunday 17 May 2015

choosing to re-print promo pack net

though i have already printed my promo pack 2's, i have decided to print it again as there are a few things i am really not happy with which i do not want to get marked down for, or if i was to send it to a client, these mistakes stop them from contacting me.

mistakes and things i want to change:

  • the paper stock- though it was the right thickness, it was prone to marking easily, which made my pack look grubby especially with it being white.
  • to avoid grubbiness further - i have changed the majority of the background colour to the light grey i used on the inside flaps. 
improved net 

  • still found one spelling mistake! - i have spelt the word entire wrong on the first information flap. 
  • i found folding my promo pack quite difficult which i think has resuted in my pack looking worn through constant bending. hopefully, now i have experimented with folding it 2's i will no the best technique.
  • weirdly, the arm of the figure on the front of my promo pack was cut off slightly, though the person receiving my promo pack would not no this wasn't right, i think it is much more effective when the figure is more towards the centre as you get the full impact of the drawing. 

...
though i make sure to print my promo pack in good time, Thursday 14th of may leaving myself 3 and a half days to reflect on the production and to see if i could improve, i did not consider that the days i could re-print would only be Monday morning, the day of my deadline.

so....i am currently sat in the Que outside the digital print room, fingers crossed i can print in the drop in times!

UNFORTUNATELY….
i was unable to print my pack off before drop in ended at 10am. this was really frustrating as i was next in the que and only had one thing to print out, especially seen at though i got there at 8.
though i did feel organised with this module, printing off a few days before my deadline, i have let myself down with professionalism and proof reading. - I'm really frustrated at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment