Saturday 9 May 2015

final self branding illustration

one reason i decided to draw myself for my creative presence was to give the client a subtle reminder of my appearance, which will hopefully trigger there memory of my work or potential meeting we have. 
i found drawing myself a very weird thing to do, and quite a challenge as i was unsure weather i would catch my likeness or capture how i look to other people. I'm glad that i decided on a unposed picture as it makes the illustration more natural.  i wanted to capture traits about myself in the illustration so wore my casual clothes, and stood in a stance i would do naturally - i hope this will connote to clients my approachable personality.

if i have time, i would like the experiment with adding background illustrations symbolising me as a person and my practice - e.g pencils, camera, building in leeds, etc which will show through the negative space of my clothing. like the technique below.



No comments:

Post a Comment