Thursday 4 February 2016

Hello Harriet

'Hello, I'm Harriet. I love the internet and all things cute ...
Working from my home studio in Winchester {with my furry studio assistants Meeko & Yoshi}, I enjoy creating charming illustrations of memes and cats!
I set up Hello Harriet by accident in 2010, after graduating from a BA {hons} degree in Illustration I spent a few years working on becoming a freelance illustrator whilst earning some pennies at many less than desirable day-jobs, when a friend invited me to make some products for a christmas market ~ having the opportunity to apply my drawings on to actual products was really exciting and I quickly realised I loved the 'making' as much as the drawing. So I carried on making and opened Hello Harriet as a fun side project whilst I worked on my portfolio ... fast forward to 2012 and I'd released a new product on a whim, my temporary cat tattoos. Something crazy and incredible happened, I was able to quit my day job and abandon the freelance work {which I didn't enjoy much anyway!} to work on Hello Harriet full time. 
Turns out people really love cat tattoos! 
I welcome collaborations, wholesale enquiries, commissions, nice messages and cat videos, so do feel free to say hello! '



things to consider when messaging harriet. 
  • send a picture of my cat to my email 
  • how did she go about setting up her own business
  • who gave her the best advice on how to become successful 
  • mention collaboration for ycn - to show i can collaborate 
  • though i love being involved in projects that require research and a purpose - find drawing for the sake of drawing really refreshing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment