Wednesday 10 February 2016

Emailing Sadlers Wells



from my group tutorial with patrict and my Final major project, he suggested getting in touch with Sadlers Wells, a performing arts company in london, as they run a program for older people who want to dance called the 'company of elders'

'The internationally renowned Company of Elders is the Creative Learning department's resident over-60s performance company, proving since 1989 that it's never too late to start dancing!'



he suggested i showed them my work and purpose an opportunities for commissioned work i could produce for them to highlight and appreciate the 'company of elders'


Hello,  
I am a final year illustration student at Leeds College of Art, my practice revolves around depicting people and their situations. I use photographs, illustrations and quotes from the subjects about the issues being raised to give the artwork a personal perspective and depth. I have included an example of my work to show how I draw, taking inspiration from photographs – the attached images illustrate a project involving a person who had undergone a heart transplant who is now a keen runner. The purpose of the artworks was to raise awareness around the need for people to sign up to the organ donor register. (Other examples of my work can be found at: http://rebeccawilliamsonillustration.com/ )





Currently I am undertaking a project to raise awareness about the elderly which relates to loneliness and isolation from the community. I am interested in exploring ways that this sector of society can be valued and involved in exciting and social projects, your ‘Company of Elders’ project has interested me as a possible topic to illustrate.

Do you know of any opportunities at Sadler's Wells where I could engage in some commission based illustration work to help celebrate, highlight and document the events and activities which you deliver and you support / further develop your existing campaign.  

Many thanks for your time!

Rebecca Williamson 

No comments:

Post a Comment