Friday 25 March 2016

kwoa pride of place blog

i arranged with Nicki - Programme coordinator of Kwoa to meet up again at one of the programmes she runs - VIP (visually Impaired older people), bringing the elderly VIP together over craft, tea ...and cake obviously!

again this was a great opportunity for me to talk and find out about the lives of these elderly people for my Fmp project but was also good for me to see the work Nicki does.

though this is her job, i could see it was something she enjoyed doing, seeing older people happy around company, making a difference whilst being creative.

though the crafts are nothing like my practice, it is still creative and i can see myself really enjoying being part of a project like this that helps the community and helps tackle social issues (looniness in elderly people), along side my practice which would be freelance.

i spoke to Nicki and she said she would definitley be happy to look into funding for me to be involved on these projects which would mean i would get £25 a hour (£50 a morning) which would be great for earning and would still allow me time to focus on my freelance practice and look for other opportunities.

i would hope being involved int these community projects will inspire my practice and give me subjects to focus on that i could put forward to other companies/clients for awareness work.


No comments:

Post a Comment