Saturday 18 July 2015

illustrating my surroundings

John always reminds me how important it is to be influenced by the work around you, and the most important thing is travel - experiences you have/see will stay in your memory - the colours, shapes etc, will inform my practice. 

as my parents have recently moved to be more rural (didn't think we could get more rural then the small town we used to live in) i decided to illustrate objects/things that are part of my everyday life (home-life) which perhaps were not there before. for instance,  logs. i am surrounded by logs. now we have a wood burner my dad has made several wood stores to keep the logs, one just outside the glass window which i look out to from the table. seeing this had inspired to to draw from what i observe - pattern, gains, lines. i have played around with making a repeat pattern from the drawing as this is how it is presented to me in real life, a repeat of logs all stacked up in the wood store. 




i played around with the colour saturates and hues on photoshop, though these colours are not exact to the colours in the logs, i like how it is exaggerated, adding to the feeling and mood you might feel when you see nature first hand. 
overlaying- i played around with repeating one of the logs, to see what patten i could create. though i think this is a good thing to experiment with, the patten i created is to complex for my liking, and reminds me of a floral 60's pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment